* pdf manual
@ 2005-04-19  9:09 Mitch Murphy
From: Mitch Murphy @ 2005-04-19  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

hi.

i was disapointed to not find a pdf version of the gsl manual on your
website. i found a pdf version (with bookmarks) in a debian pkg but
some of the pictures were missing. i fixed them by replacing pages from
.ps produced during build.

may i email you the fruit of my labor (gsl_ref_1.6.pdf, 2.8mb) so you
can put it up ?

you have a great library btw.

Mitch

* Re: pdf manual
@ 2005-04-19 12:09 ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2005-04-19 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mitch Murphy; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Mitch Murphy writes:
 > i was disapointed to not find a pdf version of the gsl manual on your
 > website. i found a pdf version (with bookmarks) in a debian pkg but
 > some of the pictures were missing. i fixed them by replacing pages from
 > .ps produced during build.

Thanks, making your own pdf from source is recommended.  There are
some problems with serving Ghostscript-generated PDFs directly from
the website to certain versions of Acrobat Reader so I am sticking
with the html/ps options for now.

--
regards

Brian Gough

* Re: pdf manual
@ 2005-04-20  2:19 ` Dirk Eddelbuettel
From: Dirk Eddelbuettel @ 2005-04-20  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mitch Murphy; +Cc: gsl-discuss

On 18 April 2005 at 12:17, Mitch Murphy wrote:
| i was disapointed to not find a pdf version of the gsl manual on your
| website. i found a pdf version (with bookmarks) in a debian pkg but
| some of the pictures were missing. i fixed them by replacing pages from
| .ps produced during build.

Try the most recent package (1.6-2) which has improved charts thanks to a
nifty patch by Giuseppe Bonacci. It should be complete, and was viewable for
me in the new acrobat reader (7.0) as well as kpdf.

Hth, Dirk

--
Better to have an approximate answer to the right question than a precise
answer to the wrong question.  --  John Tukey as quoted by John Chambers