* message in a bottle
@ 2001-12-19 13:20 Michael Meyer
From: Michael Meyer @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

Hello,

When computing eigenvectors and eigenvalues of a 3 by
3 matrix both compute
and print fine.
I then try to assign the matrix of eigenvectors to a 3
by 3 array and middle through the loop suddenly a
message:

"Press Enter to continue!"

No such code is in my source. The program then waits
for input and dies when enter is pressed.
Is this a known bug? Is this a bug in

1. gsl
2. blas (I am using Atlas prebuilt)
3. the Kdevelop 1.4 environment?

I downloaded both gsl and Atlas_Prebuilt very recently
so I have the latest
versions.
All replies appreciated.

Mike

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

* Re: message in a bottle
@ 2001-12-19 13:20 ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Meyer; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Michael Meyer writes:
 > Hello,
 >  When computing eigenvectors and eigenvalues of a 3 by 3 matrix
 > both compute and print fine.  I then try to assign the matrix of
 > eigenvectors to a 3 by 3 array and middle through the loop suddenly
 > a message:
 >  "Press Enter to continue!"
 >  No such code is in my source. The program then waits for input and
 > dies when enter is pressed.  Is this a known bug? Is this a bug in
 >  1. gsl 2. blas (I am using Atlas prebuilt) 3. the Kdevelop 1.4
 > environment?

I expect it comes from Kdevelop as there is no such message in GSL.  If
your program is assigning to an invalid element of the matrix then it
would exit with a core dump at that point.

regards
Brian Gough