* GAL BLAS Problem!!
@ 2002-06-12 23:56 ` rajesh verma
From: rajesh verma @ 2002-06-12 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: big, gsl-discuss, rosalia

Hi there!!,

    I'm comparing NAG and GSL C libraries.I have a problem in your GSL BLAS libraries.

1. I didn't find any functions to define the Matrix-vector product for
(i)Real rectangular band matrix ,
(ii)Real symmetric band matrix,
(iii)Real symmetric packed matrix,
(iv)Real triangular band matrix,
(v)Real triangular packed matrix,
and System of equations for Real triangular packed matrix,etc.
I want know if any other routines available in GSL to support above functions.Do you know any other free libraries available in market which support this.
If these routines are not available in market,I have an idea to develop and contribute to GSL.How can i proceed in this regard.
Please mail me the details.

Thanks in advance..

with warm regards,
Rajesh verma
(rajesh_verma@indiya.com)

Powered by Outblaze

* Re: GAL BLAS Problem!!
@ 2002-06-13 17:00   ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2002-06-13 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rajesh verma; +Cc: big, gsl-discuss, rosalia

rajesh verma writes:
 >     I'm comparing NAG and GSL C libraries.I have a problem in your GSL BLAS libraries.
 > 1. I didn't find any functions to define the Matrix-vector product for
 > (i)Real rectangular band matrix ,
 > (ii)Real symmetric band matrix,
 > (iii)Real symmetric packed matrix,
 > (iv)Real triangular band matrix,
 > (v)Real triangular packed matrix,
 > and System of equations for Real triangular packed matrix,etc.
 > I want know if any other routines available in GSL to support above functions.Do you know any other free libraries available in market which support this.
 > If these routines are not available in market,I have an idea to develop and contribute to GSL.How can i proceed in this regard.
 > Please mail me the details.

Hi,

The functions for packed/band/triangular matrices are available in the
GSL cblas module (see Appendix D of the manual).  The ATLAS blas
library is also free software and can be used with GSL, it is
recommended on the GSL webpage http://sources.redhat.com/gsl/

regards
Brian Gough

* Re: GAL BLAS Problem!!