* linear system problem
@ 2004-01-29 15:14 e70443
From: e70443 @ 2004-01-29 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

Dear sirs,
I am a student of Computer Engineering at Madrid
University, Spain.
First of all I want to congratulate you for the
very useful "Scientific Library GSL" you have.

The matter that concerns me is:

I need to solve the linear system A x = b, where A
is a rectangular M-by-N matrix, and M > N. Looking the
functions of the library, I decided to use de QR descomposition.
Before any calculation, I create the A matrix and b vector view, the 'x'
and 'tau' vectors of N size, and the 'residual' vector of M size.
 First, I call the function gsl_linalg_QR_decomp() with the matrix A and
the vector 'tau'. Then I call the gsl_linalg_QR_lssolve() function with
the arguments A (with the QR descomposition created by the previous
function), tau, b, x, and residual, to find the solution to the linear
 system.
 I´m almost sure that these equations are correct but
 the solution is not.
 What should I expect ?
 My question is; am I either using the right functions, or puting them in
the right order?
 Shall I use another kind of descomposition?

   Thank you very much for your cooperation

   Sincerely,
   Jaime Carsi Jaudenes.

[parent not found: <20040129151306.86F47E6A8D@mail.ukfsn.org>]