Hi Brian, There was an ugly bug in files I sent to this list a few months ago. Someone kindly pointed it to me. So here is an updated version. I've added a function that uses the Cholesky decomposition. On a simple example, results appear deceiving compared to the LU decomposition. Someone here would like to investigate further (code + results) before using this function. Btw, alpha doesn't appear in functions for triangular matrix that are described p.117 of gsl-ref. cheers, Emmanuel On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 11:41:10AM +0000, Brian Gough wrote: > Emmanuel Benazera writes: > > Hi, > > > > here is a tarball. Hope it helps. > > > > Is there any advantage of LU over Cholesky decomposition? > > -- > Brian Gough >