Hello, I've attached a patch which implements eigenvector support for real nonsymmetric matrices. The algorithm used is backsubstitution to find eigenvectors of the Schur form, followed by backtransformation by the Schur vectors. I followed the lapack code closely (dtrevc), so this implementation handles degeneracies very well. The patch includes: * unsymmv.c - all the eigenvector stuff * updated eigen.texi to give documentation on all new functions plus an example * updated eigen/sort.c to add gsl_eigen_unsymmv_sort() I also attached a new test program which no longer needs lapack to verify the results. I haven't added anything to eigen/test.c yet. Patrick Alken