Hi, I've compiled and make check'd it on: GNU/Linux/AMD 2.6.14 and NetBSD/i386 2.1 with no problems. I also compiled it under linux with the flags: make CFLAGS="-pedantic -Wall -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wconversion -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -fshort-enums -fno-common" and I attached all the resulting warnings. They're all pretty harmless. The only thing that stands out is there are a few cases where local gsl variable names are shadowing global ones in the system mathcalls.h. I also stuck in a -ansi there and everything looks good under that too except for a lot of complaining about no hypot prototype.. Anyway, its looking good! Patrick Alken On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 12:51:23PM +0000, Brian Gough wrote: > I have made a test release for gsl-1.9. > > I have only tested it on GNU/Linux -- please report any problems you > find in compiling it, running make check or against existing > applications (it should be backwards compatible). > > It is available at the following location: > > http://www.network-theory.co.uk/download/gsl/gsl-1.8.90.tar.gz > http://www.network-theory.co.uk/download/gsl/gsl-1.8.90.tar.gz.sig > > The main new features from the ChangeLog are: > > ** Added support for nonsymmetric eigensystems (Patrick Alken) > > ** Added Mathieu functions (Lowell Johnson) > > ** Added a new BFGS2 minimisation method, requires substantially fewer > function and gradient evaluations that the existing BFGS minimiser. > > ** Added new functions for basis splines (Patrick Alken) > > -- > Brian Gough >