* Numerische Mathematik archive
@ 2005-06-24 14:15 Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2005-06-24 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

http://dz-srv1.sub.uni-goettingen.de/sub/digbib/loader?did=D196287

complete digitised versions of Numerische Mathematik from Vol 1 - 66.
very useful... there are many classic papers there

--
Brian Gough

* Re: Numerische Mathematik archive
@ 2005-06-27  9:42 ` Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda
From: Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda @ 2005-06-27  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

A Divendres 24 Juny 2005 16:14, Brian Gough va escriure:
> http://dz-srv1.sub.uni-goettingen.de/sub/digbib/loader?did=D196287
>
> complete digitised versions of Numerische Mathematik from Vol 1 - 66.
> very useful... there are many classic papers there

Well, sending this link to some people here, someone has answered that there's
a page maintained by Ulf Rehmann a
http://www.mathematik.uni-bielefeld.de/%7Erehmann/DML/dml_links.html

where there are a lot of links about mathematical journals that have been
digitalized.

Regards,

Leo
Linux User 152692
Catalonia

* Re: Numerische Mathematik archive
@ 2005-06-27 15:47   ` Linas Vepstas
From: Linas Vepstas @ 2005-06-27 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda; +Cc: gsl-discuss

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 11:42:12AM +0200, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda was heard to remark:
> A Divendres 24 Juny 2005 16:14, Brian Gough va escriure:
> > http://dz-srv1.sub.uni-goettingen.de/sub/digbib/loader?did=D196287
> >
> > complete digitised versions of Numerische Mathematik from Vol 1 - 66.
> > very useful... there are many classic papers there
>
> Well, sending this link to some people here, someone has answered that there's
> a page maintained by Ulf Rehmann a
> http://www.mathematik.uni-bielefeld.de/%7Erehmann/DML/dml_links.html
>
> where there are a lot of links about mathematical journals that have been
> digitalized.

Anyone keep a similar list of journals whose access is free?  This list
is not very useful, as the place where I work does not have access to most
of the for-fee online journals; I have to trek to the local university to
get access to paper copies :(

--linas

* Re: Numerische Mathematik archive
@ 2005-06-27 16:26     ` Robert G. Brown
From: Robert G. Brown @ 2005-06-27 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linas Vepstas; +Cc: Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda, gsl-discuss

Linas Vepstas writes:

> On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 11:42:12AM +0200, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda was heard to remark:
>> A Divendres 24 Juny 2005 16:14, Brian Gough va escriure:
>> > http://dz-srv1.sub.uni-goettingen.de/sub/digbib/loader?did=D196287
>> >
>> > complete digitised versions of Numerische Mathematik from Vol 1 - 66.
>> > very useful... there are many classic papers there
>>
>> Well, sending this link to some people here, someone has answered that there's
>> a page maintained by Ulf Rehmann a
>> http://www.mathematik.uni-bielefeld.de/%7Erehmann/DML/dml_links.html
>>
>> where there are a lot of links about mathematical journals that have been
>> digitalized.
>
> Anyone keep a similar list of journals whose access is free?  This list
> is not very useful, as the place where I work does not have access to most
> of the for-fee online journals; I have to trek to the local university to
> get access to paper copies :(
>
> --linas

Most universities maintain "site licenses" for access to the various
journals for the many different disciplines.  In most cases they require
e.g. IP numbers that resolve out of the university's domain space to
access.  Duke has such a setup, for example, that requires that I go in
via a proxy connection from home in order to access e.g. physical review
online.  Or (equally important) access to inspec or one of the other
database search engines so you can FIND things in all those journals.

So, given that you have a local university, one thing to do is to find
out if they have such a deal, and if so try to wangle access via a proxy
or the like.  I'd think that anybody you know well in a university
computer science department would be happy enough to "collaborate" with
you in a way that could provide you with access and satisfy the gods.
Or get IBM to pony up access -- they HAVE to have access to pretty much
the works on a site license basis, as IBM is a major research
institution in its own right.

Note that anything that is REALLY online and free is likely to have a
google trace and show up in a sufficiently refined search in an ordinary
search engine.

Finally, one way to proceed is to visit e.g. www.lib.duke.edu (or
equivalent at any of a number of universities) and use their "find
e-journal" engine or search engines to explore.  At Duke the
metasearch.library.duke.edu engine will return an immense list of online
journals.  Some of these, if you click on their links, will be
restricted.  However, a lot of them will be openly accessible and free
if you just follow the links even without a proxy.  Others will not.  I
with there was some easy way to sort the two, but if Duke provides such
a means, I didn't find it.

HTH, although probably it doesn't, as much as you'd like anyway.

    rgb

* Re: Numerische Mathematik archive
@ 2005-06-27 17:58     ` Ricardo Biloti
From: Ricardo Biloti @ 2005-06-27 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

In the Directory of Open Access Journals (http://www.doaj.org/) one
can find links to 1624 "open" scientific journals (64 in mathematics).

--
Ricardo Biloti
Department of Mathematics

http://www.mat.ufpr.br/~biloti/

* RE: Numerische Mathematik archive
@ 2005-06-27 16:01 keith.briggs
From: keith.briggs @ 2005-06-27 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss; +Cc: linas

The Electronic Library of Mathematics:
http://www.emis.de/journals/

NUMDAM Numérisation de documents anciens mathématiques:
http://archive.numdam.org/

Keith
http://keithbriggs.info/