* Compilation problem on sun4u Sparc SunOS 5.7
@ 2002-08-19  4:43 Jean-Baptiste Veyrieras
From: Jean-Baptiste Veyrieras @ 2002-08-19  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

Hey,

'make check' ...and I get the following error :

ld: warning: relocation error: R_SPARC_32: file test_rotg.o: symbol
.LLC5:
        external symbolic relocation against non-allocatable section
.stab;
        cannot be processed at runtime: relocation ignored
ld: warning: relocation error: R_SPARC_32: file test_rotg.o: symbol
.LLC27:
        external symbolic relocation against non-allocatable section
.stab;
        cannot be processed at runtime: relocation ignored
ld: warning: relocation error: R_SPARC_32: file test_rotg.o: symbol
.LLC109:
        external symbolic relocation against non-allocatable section
.stab;
        cannot be processed at runtime: relocation ignored
ld: warning: relocation error: R_SPARC_32: file test_rotg.o: symbol
.LLC110:
        external symbolic relocation against non-allocatable section
.stab;
        cannot be processed at runtime: relocation ignored
ld: warning: relocation error: R_SPARC_32: file test_rotg.o: symbol
.LLC115:
        external symbolic relocation against non-allocatable section
.stab;
        cannot be processed at runtime: relocation ignored
ld: warning: relocation error: R_SPARC_32: file test_rotg.o: symbol
.LLC116:
[...]
ld: warning: relocation error: R_SPARC_32: file test_rotmg.o: symbol
.LLC12:
        external symbolic relocation against non-allocatable section
.stab;
        cannot be processed at runtime: relocation ignored
.LLC109                             test_rotg.o
.LLC110                             test_rotg.o
.LLC115                             test_rotg.o
.LLC116                             test_rotg.o
.LLC5                               test_rotg.o
.LLC12                              test_rotmg.o
.LLC27                              test_rotg.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to .libs/test
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

What can I do ???? Thank for you help.

--
Biogemma-Génolpante Info
Unité Génomique Info INRA

* Re: Compilation problem on sun4u Sparc SunOS 5.7
@ 2002-08-19  4:50 ` Luc Maisonobe
From: Luc Maisonobe @ 2002-08-19  4:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean-Baptiste Veyrieras; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Jean-Baptiste Veyrieras wrote:

> ld: warning: relocation error: R_SPARC_32: file test_rotg.o: symbol
> .LLC5:
>         external symbolic relocation against non-allocatable section
> .stab;
>         cannot be processed at runtime: relocation ignored
> ld: warning: relocation error: R_SPARC_32: file test_rotg.o: symbol

The last time I saw this was when someone used the gcc package provided
by SUN and installed by pkgadd (or a similar command) and forgot to
install also the GNU ld. I think the comments for the compiler package
indicates there is a dependency. I suggest you verify this and ask your
system administrator to install the compiler correctly (i.e. with the
packages it depends on).

                                                        Luc