* Re: More about problems with shared libraries
       [not found] <479F7CD6-AD9C-11D8-86CD-000A95665CDE@dsl.pipex.com>
@ 2004-05-24 16:53 ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2004-05-24 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Elspeth Nickle and Ron Teather; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Elspeth Nickle and Ron Teather writes:
 > Thanks so much for your answer.  However I don't have a configure.in
 > file in the download package for GSL.  I went back and downloaded the
 > zipped tarred package again just to make sure I had not done something
 > silly the first time around.  But there is no configure.in file
 > available.  Where do I get this file?

I forgot that in GSL-1.4 we upgraded to a newer version of autoconf
which uses configure.ac instead of configure.in --- so I don't think
the instructions about shared-libraries on Mac OS in the INSTALL file
are going to work any more.

--
Brian Gough

Network Theory Ltd,
Publishing Free Software Manuals --- http://www.network-theory.co.uk/

* Re: More about problems with shared libraries
@ 2004-05-24 19:25   ` William Brower
From: William Brower @ 2004-05-24 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Elspeth Nickle and Ron Teather; +Cc: gsl-discuss

I haven't tried this but it may be sufficient for what you need:

myMac: fink install gsl
myMac: fink install gsl-shlibs

Also see
http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/package.php/gsl-shlibs

It's on the unstable branch so you'll need to alter the default
/sw/etc/fink.conf file to include a line like this:

Trees: local/main stable/main stable/crypto local/bootstrap
unstable/main unstable/crypto

Of course, this doesn't help with installation from source but maybe the
package maintainer could offer suggestions.

Cheers,
Bill

--
William Brower