On 09/16/2009 03:49 AM, Gerard Jungman wrote: > It smells like a view, and indeed it is. But it is a notion of > view which is more central to the design than the current one. > Everything should be a view. I think we really need to sort the data structure out now. I'm not sure what you have in mind, but to get some discussion going on, I've attached an (incomplete and untested) idea for a general n-dimensional double precision data structure. Is this anything like what you pictured? I'd like to hear people's comments on this. Would something like this be of use? Feel free to give your full critique. -- Tuomo.Keskitalo@iki.fi http://iki.fi/tuomo.keskitalo