Hello all, While browsing the source code I noticed that the flat/uniform distribution provided in GSL's randist.h provided only a 'half-open' interval [a,b) akin to what gsl_rng_uniform() provides for [0,1) and not also an 'open' interval (a,b) akin to what gsl_rng_uniform_pos() provides for (0,1). So I wrote a couple of extra functions, which are attached as a git patch in case they are useful/welcome. (Apologies if instead they are stupid and I'm missing something; this is a very off-the-cuff contribution, but it seemed easy enough to deliver and trivial enough to not mind if it's rejected:-) More general development question, which is the main reason for joining this list. A project I'm working on needs to employ random sampling on several occasions: to be precise, the case of selecting n unique records from the set {1, ..., N}, as described in these articles: http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/358105.893 http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/23002.23003 http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/79505.356313 The functionality seems generic and useful enough that I was surprised not to find a library available. Anyway, it seems like it would be easy enough to implement as part of GSL. Is there interest in having this? If so, I'll map out a brief API description and/or sample code. Best wishes, -- Joe