From: Tuomo Keskitalo <Tuomo.Keskitalo@iki.fi>
To: Varad Deshmukh <vrd@cs.ucsb.edu>
Cc: gsl-discuss@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: Contributing to GSL
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 07:42:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hello,

the TODO in ode-initval2 directory is slightly outdated. A BDF method
has already been implemented in msbdf stepper in gsl-1.15. The selection
of steppers in ode-initval2 is pretty nice, I think, as far as dense
general-purpose ode-iv methods go. I sometimes thought about trying to
implement Radau 5 method described in the second book (Hairer, E.,
Wanner, G., Solving Ordinary Differential Equations II: Stiff and
Differential-Algebraic Problems) but never did. If you want to fight
with ODEs, you could try that. However, I cannot promise I'd have much
time to contribute.

DAEs (differential-algebraic equations) are a different story, even
though they're close to ODEs. There's currently no DAE solver framework
in GSL. It is something that would be very nice to have, though. If
anyone is willing to try to design and implement one, feel free to do it!

BR,
Tuomo

--
Tuomo.Keskitalo@iki.fi