* BZR Issue?
@ 2013-06-06 15:46 Brian Gladman
From: Brian Gladman @ 2013-06-06 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

Since Patrick removed the redundant symlinks in the GSL repository, bzr
on Windows has been working flawlessly for me until today.

But today I am getting the error:

Server does not understand Bazaar network protocol 3, reconnecting.
(Upgrade the server to avoid this.)
Server does not understand Bazaar network protocol 2, reconnecting.
(Upgrade the server to avoid this.)
bzr: ERROR: Generic bzr smart protocol error: Server is not a Bazaar
server: Received bad protocol version marker: "failed to open trace
file: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/lib/bzr/.bzr.log'\n"

As far as I am aware, nothing has changed at my end so I am wondering if
anything has been changed at the repository that might explain this error?

   best regards,

     Brian Gladman

* Re: BZR Issue?
@ 2013-06-06 16:45 ` Patrick Alken
From: Patrick Alken @ 2013-06-06 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

Looks strange, is it possible the server was just down earlier today? I
just did a fresh checkout (on linux) and everything went ok. If you
still have problems I'll forward your mail to the repository admins.

Patrick

On 06/06/2013 09:45 AM, Brian Gladman wrote:
> Since Patrick removed the redundant symlinks in the GSL repository, bzr
> on Windows has been working flawlessly for me until today.
>
> But today I am getting the error:
>
> Server does not understand Bazaar network protocol 3, reconnecting.
> (Upgrade the server to avoid this.)
> Server does not understand Bazaar network protocol 2, reconnecting.
> (Upgrade the server to avoid this.)
> bzr: ERROR: Generic bzr smart protocol error: Server is not a Bazaar
> server: Received bad protocol version marker: "failed to open trace
> file: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/lib/bzr/.bzr.log'\n"
>
> As far as I am aware, nothing has changed at my end so I am wondering if
> anything has been changed at the repository that might explain this error?
>
>     best regards,
>
>       Brian Gladman

* Re: BZR Issue?
@ 2013-06-06 22:43   ` Brian Gladman
From: Brian Gladman @ 2013-06-06 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Alken; +Cc: gsl-discuss

On 06/06/2013 17:45, Patrick Alken wrote:
> Looks strange, is it possible the server was just down earlier today? I
> just did a fresh checkout (on linux) and everything went ok. If you
> still have problems I'll forward your mail to the repository admins.

Thanks Patrick - it must have been a glitch on the server as it is
working now.

  Brian