From: Patrick Alken <patrick.alken@Colorado.EDU>
To: gsl-discuss@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: Used git-bzr-ng to import bzr trunk into git master on Savannah
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 22:27:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Looks good after a quick glance. Just a few notes:

1. Unfortunately it looks like the tags weren't preserved past 1.14 (ie:
release-1-15 and release-1-16 don't appear to be tagged in the git. This
isn't terrible since we can always go back to the bzr for them if
needed. Maybe bzr tags things in a way which isn't compatible with git.

2. We can turn off bzr whenever we want (its in the Main -> Select
Features menu on savannah) - the savannah people renamed the old git to
'oldmaster' for us, that we couldn't do on our own.

3. Still not sure about the 2.x issue. Another option is to continue
using the bzr for the 1.x version and use the git to get started on 2.x
features. Don't know if this would just make things more complicated.

Patrick