From: Patrick Alken <patrick.alken@Colorado.EDU>
To: "gsl-discuss@sourceware.org" <gsl-discuss@sourceware.org>
Subject: GSL git setup
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 16:13:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hello all,

   As some of you may know, we recently switched the GSL repository on
savannah to use git instead of bzr. We currently have two main branches:

master - this will contain all new development features leading
eventually to version 2.0. I have already incorporated the ALF extension
into it for associated legendre functions, which required a new API that
will not be backward compatible with the 1.x series. The old API is
still available but marked as deprecated. We anticipate several further
changes which will also change APIs.

maint-1 - this is the 1.x maintenance branch which will not be actively
developed, but if there are any bug fixes required, we can easily use it
to make another 1.x release

Anyone who would like to develop new features and submit patches please
use the master branch for your work.

Thanks,
Patrick