* GSL 1.14.91 Test Release
@ 2011-05-01 14:32 Brian Gladman
From: Brian Gladman @ 2011-05-01 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

The header guard in gsl_odeiv2.h should be __GSL_ODEIV2_H__ to avoid a
conflict with that in gsl_odeiv.h

    Brian Gladman

* Re: GSL 1.14.91 Test Release
@ 2011-05-02 22:36 ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2011-05-02 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Gladman; +Cc: gsl-discuss

At Sun, 1 May 2011 14:40:45 +0100,
Brian Gladman wrote:
> However cquad.c uses isfinite(x) directly and hence bypasses the alternative
> version when isfinite is not available (which it isn't in VC++) and causes a
> linking failure.

Thanks, for consistency with the rest of the code I've changed cquad.c
to use finite(x).  The two functions finite() and isfinite() should be
handled symmetrically in the configure script but it's simpler to
stick with finite() in this case.

> The header guard in gsl_odeiv2.h should be __GSL_ODEIV2_H__ to avoid a
> conflict with that in gsl_odeiv.h

Good catch, thank you.

* GSL 1.14.91 Test Release
@ 2011-05-01 13:41 Brian Gladman
From: Brian Gladman @ 2011-05-01 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

Thank you for solving the C99 issues.

I have one minor issue with finite(x) on Microsoft VC++.

I had thought that GSL uses finite(x) throughout for this internally but
defines it as isfinite(x) when this is available.   Otherwise finite(x) is
mapped to gsl_finite(x) to allow an architecture specific implementation to
be provided.

However cquad.c uses isfinite(x) directly and hence bypasses the alternative
version when isfinite is not available (which it isn't in VC++) and causes a
linking failure.

I can cope with this but I am wondering whether I have to cope with both
finite(x) and isfinite(x) use within GSL.

   best regards,  Brian Gladman