* Log-Logistic Distribution
@ 2005-11-15 12:32 Luis Cardenas
From: Luis Cardenas @ 2005-11-15 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss, help-gsl

Hi

My name is Guillermo Cardenas and I'm a Phd candidate in the Polytechnic
University of Valencia in Spain.
I've been using GSL to fit data to some distributions provided by the
library.

The issue is that Log-Logistic distribution is not included in the
library. I have found the Density and Cummulative Functions, but I
require the function to generate Log-logistic numbers.

Any help will be appreciated

Guillermo Cárdenas
PhD Student
Polytechnic University of Valencia
Web architecture Research Group
http://www.gii.upv.es/web_architecture/info/members/luicaral.html

* Re: [Help-gsl] Log-Logistic Distribution
@ 2005-11-15 14:57 ` Martin Jansche
From: Martin Jansche @ 2005-11-15 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis Cardenas; +Cc: gsl-discuss, help-gsl

On 11/15/05, Luis Cardenas <luicaral@doctor.upv.es> wrote:

> The issue is that Log-Logistic distribution is not included in the
> library. I have found the Density and Cummulative Functions, but I
> require the function to generate Log-logistic numbers.

Why not simply do exp(gsl_ran_logistic(r, scale) + location)?
-- mj