* functions related to the Hurwitz zeta function
@ 2018-04-04  3:35 Jerome BENOIT
From: Jerome BENOIT @ 2018-04-04  3:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

Greetings,

I have write within the GSL framework,
some functions related to the Hurwitz zeta function:
first and second derivatives, its logarithm  and its logarithmic derivative.

These functions are needed to fit properly discrete power law distributions [1].

I think that there is a place for them  (along a plfit material) in GSL:
what is the procedure to follow ton bring them in GSL  ?

Best regards,
Jerome

[1]
@ARTICLE{AClausetCRShaliziMEJNewman2009,
	author   = {Aaron Clauset and Cosma Rohilla Shalizi and Mark E. J. Newman},
	title    = {Power-Law Distributions in Empirical Data},
	journal  = "SIAM Rev.",
	year     = {2009},
	volume   = {51},
	number   = {4},
	pages    = {661--703},
	numpages = {43},
	archivePrefix = ARXIV,
	eprint   = {0706.1062},
	doi      = {10.1137/070710111},
	website  = {http://tuvalu.santafe.edu/~aaronc/powerlaws/},

* Re: functions related to the Hurwitz zeta function
@ 2018-05-08 19:08 ` Patrick Alken
From: Patrick Alken @ 2018-05-08 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

Hello Jerome,

   Sorry for the late reply. Could you prepare a patch against the
latest master branch of the GSL git with your additions? Then I can take
a look to see how this might fit in. It would be best to follow the API
of the existing special functions in GSL as closely as possible.

Thanks,
Patrick

@ 2018-05-12 15:45   ` Jerome BENOIT
From: Jerome BENOIT @ 2018-05-12 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

Hello Patrick,

thanks for your reply.

On 08/05/18 23:08, Patrick Alken wrote:
> Hello Jerome,
>
> Sorry for the late reply. Could you prepare a patch against the
> latest master branch of the GSL git with your additions?

I will submit my material as soon as I have some free time.

 Then I can
> take a look to see how this might fit in.

Fine.

 It would be best to follow
> the API of the existing special functions in GSL as closely as
> possible.

I implemented a long this line.

Best wishes,
Jerome