public inbox for guile-emacs@sourceware.org
* message printing
@ 2000-05-07  1:25 Satoru Takabayashi
From: Satoru Takabayashi @ 2000-05-07  1:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-emacs

Hi, I've been studying Scheme with Guile Emacs.  I write
codes and evaluate them in the `scheme-interaction-mode'.

When I evaluate (display "foo"), "foo" will be printed in
the *Messages* buffer.  I think making the output buffer
customizable with the `scheme-output-buffer' variable is a
good idea.

Moreover, I hope that `scheme-interaction-mode' opens a new
window automatically when a message is printed.  It is nice
to scroll the window as messages go on just like M-x compile
does.

-- Satoru Takabayashi

* Re: message printing
@ 2000-05-08 16:48 ` Keisuke Nishida
From: Keisuke Nishida @ 2000-05-08 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-emacs

Satoru Takabayashi <satoru-t@is.aist-nara.ac.jp> writes:

> When I evaluate (display "foo"), "foo" will be printed in
> the *Messages* buffer.  I think making the output buffer
> customizable with the `scheme-output-buffer' variable is a
> good idea.
>
> Moreover, I hope that `scheme-interaction-mode' opens a new
> window automatically when a message is printed.  It is nice
> to scroll the window as messages go on just like M-x compile
> does.

I've implemented this by rewriting (emacs io).  Try

  (display (read (current-input-port)))

Have fun!

-- Kei

P.S. I noticed that Guile Emacs sometimes crashes when a Scheme
     error occurs.  I'll fix this later on...