public inbox for guile-emacs@sourceware.org
* emacs and guile...
@ 2005-07-22 22:31 Ken Raeburn
From: Ken Raeburn @ 2005-07-22 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-emacs

Looks like this list is mostly dead, but in case there's any interest,
I've been banging on the Emacs CVS code recently and have a version
which starts up, runs dired, edits a file, etc., in a terminal window
on my Mac laptop.  Okay, that's not very interesting; what is more
interesting is that it's using Guile's allocator and GC, and smob
representations for most of the non-trivial Lisp object types.
(Conversions shouldn't be hard, but closer integration of the types
will take some work.)

There are still plenty of bugs (for starters, it doesn't bootstrap yet,
hasn't been tested on a window system, and uses an unreadable color
scheme in a color xterm window), so I'm not looking for new bug reports
without patches right now, but if anyone else is interested in banging
on it and helping me fix problems, I can make a copy available.

Ken

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-07-22 22:31 UTC | newest]