public inbox for guile-emacs@sourceware.org
* success with 20.7
@ 2002-01-15 10:12 Chris Beggy
From: Chris Beggy @ 2002-01-15 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-emacs

I've had success with guile-emacs-0.5, up to the "Hello, world"
point.  Are there any small scheme libraries available?

What would a starting point for emacs 21.1 be?

Thanks.

Chris

* Re: success with 20.7
@ 2002-01-15 19:34 ` Keisuke Nishida
From: Keisuke Nishida @ 2002-01-15 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Beggy; +Cc: guile-emacs

Hi Chris,

At Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:12:07 -0500 (EST),
Chris Beggy wrote:

> I've had success with guile-emacs-0.5, up to the "Hello, world"
> point.  Are there any small scheme libraries available?
>
> What would a starting point for emacs 21.1 be?

I have stopped working on guile-emacs.  My idea was to embed
Guile into Emacs, which was not a good idea.

Later on I started a new project, called emacs-guile ;), which
intended to use Guile from Emacs as an external language processor.
With emacs-guile, you can use Guile's module libraries from Emacs
by importing them into the Lisp world.

See the following package for more info:

  http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gemacs/emacs-guile-0.2.tar.gz

Not me, but Ken Raeburn is working on a project that is replacing
Emacs's core evaluator by Guile's one.  I do not follow the latest
work of it.  How's it going, Ken?

I do not have time to work on Guile these days.  I hope I will be
able to continue my projects some day.

Best regards,
Keisuke Nishida

* Re: success with 20.7
@ 2002-01-16  5:57   ` Chris Beggy
From: Chris Beggy @ 2002-01-16  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: knishida; +Cc: guile-emacs

From: Keisuke Nishida <knishida@sky.sannet.ne.jp>

> I have stopped working on guile-emacs.  My idea was to embed
> Guile into Emacs, which was not a good idea.

Hello, thanks for letting me know.  You did lots of work to answer
this question, though, and the result works.

> Later on I started a new project, called emacs-guile ;), which
> intended to use Guile from Emacs as an external language processor.
> With emacs-guile, you can use Guile's module libraries from Emacs
> by importing them into the Lisp world.
>
> See the following package for more info:
>
>   http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gemacs/emacs-guile-0.2.tar.gz

OK, I'm taking a look at that.  It seems to take the translation
approach, and requires less code.  Are you interested in
feedback, even if you don't have time these days?

> Not me, but Ken Raeburn is working on a project that is replacing
> Emacs's core evaluator by Guile's one.

Right, I have seen this, but no CVS or tarballs.

Chris