public inbox for guile-gtk@sourceware.org
From: Ariel Rios <jarios@usa.net>
To: Greg Badros <gjb@cs.washington.edu>, Ariel Rios <jarios@usa.net>
Cc: guile-gtk@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: [Re: Using guile-gtk with new guile 1.3.4]
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 09:36:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Greg Badros <gjb@cs.washington.edu> wrote:
> Ariel Rios <jarios@usa.net> writes:

> How much do we care about guile-1.2 compatibility?  It'd be insane to be
> using that version any longer, it seems.
I agree. However it seems that some people still want to use 1.2 for some
strange reason. We should decide whether or not to support such an old version
of guile. My personal opinion is that we should not.

> One other thiing: I'd like to hold off on guile-gtk-0.17 until a bug fix
> from Marius that causes Scwm to crash reproducibly in the guile-gtk
> code.
I would prefer to have 0.17 as soon as possible. It has been so many time
since the release of 0.16 and asking people to use a CVS guile-gtk doesn't
seem to be a very popular idea.

Ariel