public inbox for guile-gtk@sourceware.org
* guile-gobject 0.5.3 released
@ 2003-07-23  8:37 Andy Wingo
From: Andy Wingo @ 2003-07-23  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-gtk

guile-gobject 0.5.3 released

There are no large changes in this release. The author uses it daily in
his guile bindings for gstreamer, which can be found in the gst-guile
module in gstreamer cvs.

Included in the guile-gobject package are bindings for glib, pango, atk,
gdk, and gtk+. These have not been used as much, but are already quite
functional due to the strong gobject support in the bindings and a
quality .defs->g-wrap interpreter. A maintainer for these bindings is
needed, as the author is not very interested in them. Interested hackers
should contact the author. Some inspiration about how to do the
customizations might be found in the gstreamer bindings.

This release includes its own forked version of gw-standard-spec.scm and
installs in its own module path, with a different wrapset name. A patch
to upstream g-wrap was sent a long time ago. When g-wrap is updated, we
will delete this file.

You can find the release at
http://ambient.2y.net/tmp/guile-gobject-0.5.3.tar.gz. It will be moved
soon to savannah.nongnu.org's release area soon. It may also be obtained
via guile-gtk cvs by retrieving the RELEASE_0_5_3 tag.

Please send all feedback to guile-gtk@sources.redhat.com. Thanks.

Andy Wingo
wingo at pobox dot com

* Re: guile-gobject 0.5.3 released
@ 2003-07-25 16:02 ` Andreas Rottmann
From: Andreas Rottmann @ 2003-07-25 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-gtk

Andy Wingo <wingo@pobox.com> writes:

> guile-gobject 0.5.3 released
>
> There are no large changes in this release. The author uses it daily in
> his guile bindings for gstreamer, which can be found in the gst-guile
> module in gstreamer cvs.
>
> Included in the guile-gobject package are bindings for glib, pango, atk,
> gdk, and gtk+. These have not been used as much, but are already quite
> functional due to the strong gobject support in the bindings and a
> quality .defs->g-wrap interpreter. A maintainer for these bindings is
> needed, as the author is not very interested in them. Interested hackers
> should contact the author. Some inspiration about how to do the
> customizations might be found in the gstreamer bindings.

I might be interested in at least the glib bindings, however ATM I
don't have much time and good internet connectivity due to my summer
holdiday job. I hope I've got more time starting with end of
August/beginning of September. I intend to resolve the GError issue
(throwing exceptions instead of providing a GError parameter) then,
hopefully Rob Browning is a bit more responsive about g-wrap by then.

Regards, Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Rotty@ICQ      | 118634484@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at
http://www.8ung.at/rotty | GnuPG Key: http://www.8ung.at/rotty/gpg.asc