public inbox for guile-gtk@sourceware.org
From: "Dale P. Smith" <dsmith@altustech.com>
To: Ariel Rios <ariel@linuxppc.org>
Cc: guile-gtk@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: Where do I get gnome-autogen.sh
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:30:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Ariel Rios wrote:

> On 14 Jun 2001 13:49:43 -0400, Dale P. Smith wrote:
>
> > I just did an "apt-get dist-upgrade" to woody on my machine and was
> > hoping I could build guile-gtk from cvs again.  *Is* there a package
> > that contains gnome-autogen.sh, or do I have to install something from
> > source.  If source what is it and where is it?
> You need to get gnome-common module from GNOME CVS

Not sure if I sent this out before or not....

I have gnome-common and pkg-config both installed from cvs.  I had to
change the version on pkg-config from version 0.6.0 to version 0.7.0.

I still can't get guile-gtk to configure.

I get these errors when I run ./autogen.sh:

checking for pkg-config... yes
checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
checking for pkg-config... yes
checking for GNOME Platform... GNOME 1.x
checking for libraries... gtk+ Package gthread was not found in the
pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gthread.pc'
No package 'gthread' found
(gthread)
configure: error: An old version of gthread (version ) was found. You
need at least version 1.2.6

Hmm. Ok. A "sudo find /usr -name gthread.pc -print" finds it in
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/gthread.pc, so I "export
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig".

Now ./autogen.sh completes and encouranges me to type "make".
Unfortunately, make bitterly complains that:

aclocal: configure.in: 23: macro `AM_MY_PATH_GTK' not found in library
make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 1

So what's next?  Remember, all I want to do us use guile-gtk without
gnome and with the current gtk on my system.

Thanks!
  -Dale

--
Dale P. Smith