public inbox for guile-gtk@sourceware.org
* Where do I get gnome-autogen.sh
@ 2001-06-14 10:50 Dale P. Smith
From: Dale P. Smith @ 2001-06-14 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-gtk

Howdy List,

I just did an "apt-get dist-upgrade" to woody on my machine and was
hoping I could build guile-gtk from cvs again.  *Is* there a package
that contains gnome-autogen.sh, or do I have to install something from
source.  If source what is it and where is it?

Or is there a place where I can get ./configure and friends already
made?

Thanks!
  -Dale

--
Dale P. Smith
Treasurer, Cleveland Linux Users Group http://cleveland.lug.net

* Re: Where do I get gnome-autogen.sh
@ 2001-06-14 20:07 ` Ariel Rios
From: Ariel Rios @ 2001-06-14 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dale P. Smith; +Cc: guile-gtk

On 14 Jun 2001 13:49:43 -0400, Dale P. Smith wrote:

> I just did an "apt-get dist-upgrade" to woody on my machine and was
> hoping I could build guile-gtk from cvs again.  *Is* there a package
> that contains gnome-autogen.sh, or do I have to install something from
> source.  If source what is it and where is it?
You need to get gnome-common module from GNOME CVS

ariel

* Re: Where do I get gnome-autogen.sh
@ 2001-06-15  8:34   ` Dale P. Smith
From: Dale P. Smith @ 2001-06-15  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ariel Rios; +Cc: guile-gtk

Ariel Rios wrote:

> On 14 Jun 2001 13:49:43 -0400, Dale P. Smith wrote:
>
> > I just did an "apt-get dist-upgrade" to woody on my machine and was
> > hoping I could build guile-gtk from cvs again.  *Is* there a package
> > that contains gnome-autogen.sh, or do I have to install something from
> > source.  If source what is it and where is it?
> You need to get gnome-common module from GNOME CVS

Ok. Got it and installed.  Now guile-gtk is asking for pkg-config:

checking for pkg-config... yes
checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
checking for pkg-config... not found
configure: error:
*** You need the latest pkg-config (at least 0.7).
*** Get the latest version of pkg-config from
*** http://www.freesoftware.org/software/pkgconfig .

I have installed pkgconfig from CVS.  The file configure.in contains
these lines:

AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(pkgconfig,
0.6.0)
ATLEAST="0.6.0"

Is there a newer version that is not in cvs?

Thanks!
 -Dale

--

@ 2001-06-18 11:30   ` Dale P. Smith
From: Dale P. Smith @ 2001-06-18 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ariel Rios; +Cc: guile-gtk

Ariel Rios wrote:

> On 14 Jun 2001 13:49:43 -0400, Dale P. Smith wrote:
>
> > I just did an "apt-get dist-upgrade" to woody on my machine and was
> > hoping I could build guile-gtk from cvs again.  *Is* there a package
> > that contains gnome-autogen.sh, or do I have to install something from
> > source.  If source what is it and where is it?
> You need to get gnome-common module from GNOME CVS

Not sure if I sent this out before or not....

I have gnome-common and pkg-config both installed from cvs.  I had to
change the version on pkg-config from version 0.6.0 to version 0.7.0.

I still can't get guile-gtk to configure.

I get these errors when I run ./autogen.sh:

checking for pkg-config... yes
checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
checking for pkg-config... yes
checking for GNOME Platform... GNOME 1.x
checking for libraries... gtk+ Package gthread was not found in the
pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gthread.pc'
No package 'gthread' found
(gthread)
configure: error: An old version of gthread (version ) was found. You
need at least version 1.2.6

Hmm. Ok. A "sudo find /usr -name gthread.pc -print" finds it in
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/gthread.pc, so I "export
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig".

Now ./autogen.sh completes and encouranges me to type "make".
Unfortunately, make bitterly complains that:

aclocal: configure.in: 23: macro `AM_MY_PATH_GTK' not found in library
make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 1

So what's next?  Remember, all I want to do us use guile-gtk without
gnome and with the current gtk on my system.

Thanks!
  -Dale

--

@ 2001-06-18 11:57     ` Dale P. Smith
From: Dale P. Smith @ 2001-06-18 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ariel Rios, guile-gtk

"Dale P. Smith" wrote:
> aclocal: configure.in: 23: macro `AM_MY_PATH_GTK' not found in library
> make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 1

Ok.  I changed configure.in to AM_PATH_GTK instead.

WhooHoo!  Now it builds and installs just fine, except for I usually
have guile configured --disable-deprecated.

Thanks!

  -Dale