public inbox for guile-gtk@sourceware.org
* gtkentry of spinbutton
@ 2001-09-06  8:46 David Pirotte
From: David Pirotte @ 2001-09-06  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-gtk, guile-user

Hi,

i'm developping an app which has a small table of entries (gtkentry) where the user should
enter numbers only, floats indeed but eventually converted to floats when focusing out of
an entry if necessary

i'd like to have access to the functionality offered in spin-button, but not displaying
the spin-button arrows, just having the gtk-entry (because it would be uggly
and it would take to much space in the widget ...)

so, is it possible either:

	- to have spin-buttons that only 'draw' their entry part
	- to get an entry to have the functionality of the entry of a spin-button
	  (passing the args as if it was a spin-button, min/max val, digits ...)

[the ideal would be to also be abble to specify a thousand seperator and a decimal seperator,
 but this is less important (and if so, it would be nice to get the value of the entry
 as a float (to pass to math functions) or as a string (to store in db)]

thanks,
david

(please do not answer to use gnome stuff, it would not help, i'd need to keep
things in gtk)

* Re: gtkentry of spinbutton
@ 2001-09-06 14:00 ` David Pirotte
From: David Pirotte @ 2001-09-06 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-gtk, guile-user

David Pirotte wrote:

OR

1. is there any possibility to ask an gtkentry to align its content as below:

       1.222,25		<--- entry 1
	   0,50  	<--- entry 2

well in fact, is there any gtk widget that would allow me to 'display' the above
example ?

david