public inbox for guile-gtk@sourceware.org
* guile-gtk does not run as expected
@ 2002-02-07 14:42 David Pirotte
From: David Pirotte @ 2002-02-07 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-gtk

Hello,

         SuSE 7.3
         guile-1.7.x (cvs download 4th fev 02)
	 guile configuration was:
	     ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode --with-threads

	 gnome-1.4 installed
         gnome-libs-devel installed

I did:

        - downloaded the lates gnome-guile from cvs
        - patched guile-gtk (patch proposed by unknown_lamer@hackedtobits.com)
        - installed gnome-libs-devel

then, because gnome does not compile, I tried to compile guile-gtk independantly,
which seems to have worked:

	cd ~/ftp/gnome/gnome-guile/guile-gtk
	./configure
	make
	make install

but trying to use the gtk module gives me the following error:

	david@faust:~/alto/projects/guile/share/alto 1 $ guile
	guile> (use-modules (gtk gtk))
	guile: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/local/lib/libguilegtk-1.2.so.0: undefined symbol: g_thread_init
	david@faust:~/alto/projects/guile/share/alto 2 $

hope someone can help me,
thanks a lot,
david

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-02-07 22:42 UTC | newest]