public inbox for guile-gtk@sourceware.org
From: Kevin Ryde <user42@zip.com.au>
To: guile-gtk@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: Speedups for GTK2 bindings?
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 22:51:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Andreas Rottmann <a.rottmann@gmx.at> writes:

> If anyone else has any idea how to make the bindings load faster,
> please step forward and tell me, I'll maybe even implement them ;-)

I wonder if adding a large number of symbols means longish alists in
the symbol obarray in 1.6.4.  Probably can't do anything about that,
but in the guile cvs maybe repeated rehashes could be avoided by some
sort of hint or resize for about what's about to be added.

I guess there's strndups of the symbol names too.  Might be nice if
there was a way to do a take_str type thing when it's a constant
passed to scm_c_define_gsubr or whatever.