Marko Rauhamaa writes: > > - build-guile-gtk-1.2, guile-gtk.c: GDK and GTK differ in the reference > count policy. While GTK returns the widgets with a reference count 0, > GDK returns them with a reference count 1. That means that > gdk-1.2.defs should not increment the reference count -- but it was > doing that. I don't know if it's this change or something else, but I seem to now be losing references to GdkFont. The program below prints something like for me (i386 debian with current cvs guile), # id 2400002 id 2400002 id 2400002 id 0 id 0 id 0 ... It seems the font is freed, despite having an "f" variable referring to it. I put a printf in boxed_free and saw it getting released at the point "id" changes. Dunno where the fault lies though. The symptom in my program was a gdk-draw-string failing on account of a bad font type (it was looking at freed memory I think).