public inbox for guile-gtk@sourceware.org
* gdk-event-send-client-message
@ 2003-07-30 23:09 Kevin Ryde
From: Kevin Ryde @ 2003-07-30 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-gtk

I propose to have gdk-event-send-client-message and
gdk-event-send-clientmessage-toall take a GdkEvent object, as per the
C functions.  There might be a place for a combined event creation and
sending as now, but not under the C function names.

gdk-event-new is standard in gtk 2, taking an event type, and I think
can be usefully included.  It and some field setter functions would do
the trick for lots of event object stuff.

A possibility, in addition to setters, would be to take some keyword
arguments in gdk-event-new for the fields.  I can imagine that being
pretty convenient, since an event with nothing but a type stored is
not especially useful, so almost always a gdk-event-new would be
followed by some sets.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-07-30 23:09 UTC | newest]