public inbox for guile-gtk@sourceware.org
* [patch] scm2enum speed-up II.
@ 1999-10-02  9:23 Daniel Skarda
From: Daniel Skarda @ 1999-10-02  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-gtk

Hello,

  I updated my patch which improves speed of scm to enum (flags) conversion -
now it is patch to gnome-guile from CVS (Oct 1 1999). It contains updated
guile-gnome and also some bugs were smashed:

	 ftp://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/pub/local/0rfelyus/guile-patch/

Dan

ps: I tried guile-gtk with new guile 1.3.4 and found that guile-gtk (gnomeg)
does not like new guile with readline:

0rfelyus@artax:~$ guile-gtk
ERROR: In procedure gtk-input-add:
ERROR: Wrong type argument in position 1: #<input-output: soft 80869e0>

0rfelyus@artax:~$ gnomeg
ERROR: In procedure gtk-input-add:
ERROR: Wrong type argument in position 1: #<input-output: soft 809d520>

~/.guile:

(and
  (equal? (version) "1.3.4")
  (use-modules (ice-9 readline))
  (activate-readline))

* Re: [patch] scm2enum speed-up II.
@ 1999-10-03 16:41 ` Marius Vollmer
From: Marius Vollmer @ 1999-10-03 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-gtk

Daniel Skarda <0rfelyus@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> writes:

> ps: I tried guile-gtk with new guile 1.3.4 and found that guile-gtk
> (gnomeg) does not like new guile with readline:

Yes, I noticed this, too.  Maybe this is a good opportunity to finally
get guile-gtk to use the native repl of Guile.  This is not trivial
because both Gtk+ and Guile want to be in control, but Mikael
Djurfeldt has done some preliminary experiments withh using Guile's
threads.  It definitely works with TCL/Tk, and it should work with
Gtk+, too.

- Marius