public inbox for guile-gtk@sourceware.org
* Speedups for GTK2 bindings?
@ 2003-08-19 19:09 Andreas Rottmann
From: Andreas Rottmann @ 2003-08-19 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-gtk

Hi!

I'll probably try what speedups result of re-implementing the
re-export-bindings and functions->methods-public helpers in C.

FYI: A "guile -c '(use-modules (gnome gtk))'" takes ~10 seconds ATM
using Guile 1.6.4 on a 900Mhz Athlon. Most time is spent in building
the generics an re-exporting the bindings (which I hope to reduce by
re-implementing the above functions in C).

If anyone else has any idea how to make the bindings load faster,
please step forward and tell me, I'll maybe even implement them ;-)

Regards, Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Rotty@ICQ      | 118634484@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at
http://www.8ung.at/rotty | GnuPG Key: http://www.8ung.at/rotty/gpg.asc

Latein ist das humanoide Äquivalent zu Fortran.
   -- Alexander Bartolich in at.linux