public inbox for guile-gtk@sourceware.org
From: Andreas Rottmann <a.rottmann@gmx.at>
To: "José Roberto B. de A. Monteiro" <jrm@autsens.com>
Cc: guile-user@gnu.org, guile-gtk@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: GtkObject to Guile
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 20:04:00 -0000	[thread overview]

José Roberto B. de A. Monteiro <jrm@autsens.com> writes:

> I am using the package gnome-guile, which provides guile-gtk (version
> GTK+ 1.2) and guile-gnome. I have my main window written in C, and I
> want to access it in my scheme code. I thing that a function, which its
> prototype is as follows, would do the job:
>
> SCM gh_GtkWindow2scm(GtkWindow * window);

What 'is' your main window? Is it a derived GTK widget? If so, you
probably just need a function like this:

GtkWindow *get_my_main_window(void);

And run that prototype thru whatever wrapper generator gnome-guile
uses -- can't help here, since I only care about guile-gobject (the
bindings for GTK+ 1.2 are obsolete, at least in the long term).

Also, note that there is a guile-gtk mailing list, so this thread
belongs there (CC'ed).

Regards, Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Rotty@ICQ      | 118634484@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at