I tried to run examples/tictactoe.scm and noticed gtk-class-new and gtk-signal-new-generic seem to have bit-rotted slightly. * guile-gtk.c (gtk_class_new): Use gtk_type_query rather than gtk_type_get_info. (gtk_signal_new_generic): Use sgtk_callback_marshal for marshalling. Not sure if this is actually right, but it takes it from not working to seeming to work. :) I see the gtk changelog says gtk_type_get_info got reverted. I guess gtk_type_query is the way to go, for gtk 1.2 at least. Unless anyone knows better I'd think it could be used unconditionally, no need for an autoconf check by now.