public inbox for guile-gtk@sourceware.org
From: Stephen Tell <tell@cs.unc.edu>
To: Marius Vollmer <mvo@zagadka.ping.de>
Cc: guile-gtk@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: New guile-gtk
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 10:24:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 25 May 2000, Marius Vollmer wrote:

> Hmm, you should install it in some other place and make sure
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH and GUILE_LOAD_PATH point to it in the right way.  For
> example, when you have installed it in /tmp/018, you would need these
> settings:
>
>     LD_LIBRARY_PATH = /tmp/018/lib
>     GUILE_LOAD_PATH = /tmp/018/share/guile
>
> However, I'm not too sure about this.  I don't know how you can check
> what libraries a process is using on SunOS.  On Linux, you would look
> in /proc/<pid>/maps.

After doing this, I can confirm that things work on Solaris (SunOS 5.7);
the "ldd" commands shows what libraries a binary will use, same as on
Linux.

> There will be such a thing in 0.18 (it already is in CVS). You can do
>
>     (use-modules (gtk config))
>
>     (if (string=? gtkconf-guile-gtk-version "0.18")
>         ...)

Great! For this sort of testing, it turns out that checking this is
essential for verifying that you've set up GUILE_LOAD_PATH correctly.
Belive it or not, things seem to work fairly well with a mix of latest-CVS
binaries/.so files and 0.17 .scm files.

Steve

--
Steve Tell | tell@cs.unc.edu | http://www.cs.unc.edu/~tell | KF4ZPF