public inbox for guile-gtk@sourceware.org
From: Marko Rauhamaa <marko@pacujo.net>
To: guile-gtk@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: Completed GdkWindow; enhanced design
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 05:43:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Kevin Ryde <user42@zip.com.au>:

> Marko Rauhamaa <marko@pacujo.net> writes:
> >
> > But the other casualty would be the filter procedures that can be
> > registered for the window.
>
> gdk_window_add_filter and friends are not related to the window
> user_data are they?

Well, just like GTK widgets are not related to user_data.

The filters need to be protected from GC while they are referred to by a
GdkWindow. I use user_data to keep track of the filter procedures (as
well as SCM user data).

> Nobody minds a bug or two in the latest cvs, but you really ought to
> at least give new code a run before committing it.

I've tried to be mindful of the process as laid out for me by Marius.
("Hack on!", "Make sure it compiles.")

The bulk of my changes are new code that shouldn't have an impact to
existing code (that user_data-GTK connection was news to me).

Marko

--
Marko Rauhamaa      mailto:marko@pacujo.net     http://pacujo.net/marko/