public inbox for guile-gtk@sourceware.org
* Dynamic linking overhaul
@ 2000-01-23  7:49 Marius Vollmer
From: Marius Vollmer @ 2000-01-23  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-gtk

Hi,

I changed the way dynamic linking is done in guile-gtk.  It now uses
dynamic-link and dynamic-call directly without any further ado when
libguile has ltdl support.  It should fall back to the old behaviour
when Guile does not use ltdl.

I have only tested it with a libguile that does use ltdl, so please
give it a try and tell me whether it still works for you.

- Marius

* Re: Dynamic linking overhaul
@ 2000-01-23  9:25 ` Greg J. Badros
From: Greg J. Badros @ 2000-01-23  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marius Vollmer; +Cc: guile-gtk

Marius Vollmer <mvo@zagadka.ping.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I changed the way dynamic linking is done in guile-gtk.  It now uses
> dynamic-link and dynamic-call directly without any further ado when
> libguile has ltdl support.  It should fall back to the old behaviour
> when Guile does not use ltdl.
>
> I have only tested it with a libguile that does use ltdl, so please
> give it a try and tell me whether it still works for you.

It still worked against guile-1.3.4 for me, so it seems like it works
great in the two most important configurations.

Have you noticed any build problems for guile-gtk w/ the latest guile
CVS?  There was a report on the guile list of what looked like an I/O
bug in CVS guile, but I've not tried building w/ CVS guile lately.

Thanks!

Greg