* I8C 0.0.2 released
@ 2016-04-22 10:44 Gary Benson
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Gary Benson @ 2016-04-22 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
I8C 0.0.2 released!
Release 0.0.2 of I8C, the Infinity Note Compiler, is now available.
This includes I8X, an interpreter for unit testing compiled notes.
You can install I8C and I8X directly using pip:
pip install -U --user i8c # installs in your home directory
sudo pip install -U i8c # installs as root
The source is available on PyPI:
There is a web page for I8C at:
That page includes information about the Infinity mailing list,
details on how to access I8C's source repository, and information
about the Infinity system in general.
I8C 0.0.2 brings new features and improvements, including:
* Operators with more than one argument now require their arguments to
be separated by commas. Existing code using the "name" and "cast"
operators must be updated.
* Externals are no longer pushed onto the stack at function entry.
Existing code can be made to work by adding load statements at the
start of the function, though it's usually possible to eliminate
some stack manipulation code by rewriting functions with loads where
* Many operators now have an optional "folded load" first argument.
A folded load is exactly equivalent to a load immediately before
* The "deref" operator now accepts "offset(base)" syntax for its
optional folded load argument.
* The "name" operator now accepts slot names as its first argument.
This can be used to add new names to already-named slots by name.
* "extern" statements are now allowed outside of function definitions,
where they will be inherited by all functions in the same file.
* Older versions of unittest are detected and handled in setup.py;
both the testsuite and I8X should now work out of the box with
Python 2.6 and 3.1.
* There is the start of an Emacs major mode in "contrib/i8-mode.el".
* I8X now has a system which testcases may use to lay out test address
spaces to check memory accesses using "deref" et al.
For a complete list and more details on each item, please see the
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-04-22 10:44 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2016-04-22 10:44 I8C 0.0.2 released Gary Benson
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).