public inbox for infinity@sourceware.org
From: Gary Benson <gbenson@redhat.com>
To: infinity@sourceware.org
Subject: I8C 0.0.3 released
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 11:16:00 -0000	[thread overview]

            I8C 0.0.3 released!

Release 0.0.3 of I8C, the Infinity Note Compiler, is now available.
This includes I8X, an interpreter for unit testing compiled notes.

You can install I8C and I8X directly using pip:

  pip install -U --user i8c  # installs in your home directory
  sudo pip install -U i8c    # installs as root

The source is available from infinitynotes.org:

  https://infinitynotes.org/src/i8c/i8c-0.0.3.tar.gz
  (md5sum 3f61028a016045749479c64ec4b019a1)

There is a web page for I8C at:

  https://infinitynotes.org/wiki/I8C

That page includes information about the Infinity mailing list,
details on how to access I8C's source repository, and information
about the Infinity system in general.

I8C 0.0.3 brings new features and improvements, including:

* I8C now supports the use of the environment variables "I8C_CC",
  "I8C_CPP" and "I8C_AS" to specify the external compiler it will
  use.

* When invoked with "-S -fpreprocessed", I8C now prepends its output
  with an "#include" statement for each "-include" option specified
  on the command line.

* "extern ptr" statements are now output as DW_OP_addr instructions.

* Two new wide operations I8_OP_cast_int2ptr and I8_OP_cast_ptr2int
  have been added to support "cast" statements, and the "cast"
  operator now rejects operations which are invalid or unnecessary.

* The signed types for the deref operator have been renamed from
  s8, s16, s32 and s64 to i8, i16, i32 and i64.

* The byte order mark from the code info chunk has been replaced with
  an architecture specifier which encodes both byte order and
  wordsize, and a new directive "wordsize" has been added to specify
  the word size of the target system in environments where I8C cannot
  determine it automatically.

For a complete list and more details on each item, please see the
NEWS.rst file.

--
https://infinitynotes.org/