public inbox for infinity@sourceware.org
* I8C 0.0.4 released
@ 2016-10-13  8:34 Gary Benson
From: Gary Benson @ 2016-10-13  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: infinity

            I8C 0.0.4 released!

Release 0.0.4 of I8C, the Infinity Note Compiler, is now available.
This includes I8X, an interpreter for unit testing compiled notes.

You can install I8C and I8X directly using pip:

  pip install -U --user i8c  # installs in your home directory
  sudo pip install -U i8c    # installs as root

The source is available from infinitynotes.org:

  https://infinitynotes.org/src/i8c/i8c-0.0.4.tar.gz
  (md5sum ad2f2d52ee24e9113ad50001c2745515)

There is a web page for I8C at:

  https://infinitynotes.org/wiki/I8C

That page includes information about the Infinity mailing list,
details on how to access I8C's source repository, and information
about the Infinity system in general.

I8C 0.0.4 brings new features and improvements, including:

* A new command-line option "--wrap-asm" has been added which causes
  I8C to wrap its assembly language output in a C "asm" statement.

* The sized integer types for the deref operator have been renamed
  to have the same names as the C99 exact width integer types, so
  for example "s8" is now "int8_t" and "u32" is now "uint32_t".

* Two new sized integer types "intptr_t" and "uintptr_t" have been
  added.

* A new operator "warn" has been added.  Its single argument is a
  string that note consumers may display to the user.  A new wide
  operation I8_OP_warn was added to support this.

* Parameter and return types in "extern func" statements, and return
  types in "define statements", may be named for clarity.

* I8X's mechanism for specifying builtin functions has been updated to
  allow testcases to override existing bytecode functions.

* I8X now has a convenience mechanism to generate stub functions that
  expect fixed arguments and return fixed results.

* I8X can now import notes from ar archives.  This change introduces
  dependencies on two packages, arpy and pyelftools, and means I8X no
  longer runs with Python 2.6, 3.1 or 3.2.

For a complete list and more details on each item, please see the
NEWS.rst file.

--
https://infinitynotes.org/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-10-13  8:34 UTC | newest]