* I8C 0.0.4 released
@ 2016-10-13 8:34 Gary Benson
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Gary Benson @ 2016-10-13 8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
I8C 0.0.4 released!
Release 0.0.4 of I8C, the Infinity Note Compiler, is now available.
This includes I8X, an interpreter for unit testing compiled notes.
You can install I8C and I8X directly using pip:
pip install -U --user i8c # installs in your home directory
sudo pip install -U i8c # installs as root
The source is available from infinitynotes.org:
There is a web page for I8C at:
That page includes information about the Infinity mailing list,
details on how to access I8C's source repository, and information
about the Infinity system in general.
I8C 0.0.4 brings new features and improvements, including:
* A new command-line option "--wrap-asm" has been added which causes
I8C to wrap its assembly language output in a C "asm" statement.
* The sized integer types for the deref operator have been renamed
to have the same names as the C99 exact width integer types, so
for example "s8" is now "int8_t" and "u32" is now "uint32_t".
* Two new sized integer types "intptr_t" and "uintptr_t" have been
* A new operator "warn" has been added. Its single argument is a
string that note consumers may display to the user. A new wide
operation I8_OP_warn was added to support this.
* Parameter and return types in "extern func" statements, and return
types in "define statements", may be named for clarity.
* I8X's mechanism for specifying builtin functions has been updated to
allow testcases to override existing bytecode functions.
* I8X now has a convenience mechanism to generate stub functions that
expect fixed arguments and return fixed results.
* I8X can now import notes from ar archives. This change introduces
dependencies on two packages, arpy and pyelftools, and means I8X no
longer runs with Python 2.6, 3.1 or 3.2.
For a complete list and more details on each item, please see the
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-10-13 8:34 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2016-10-13 8:34 I8C 0.0.4 released Gary Benson
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).