public inbox for infinity@sourceware.org
* libi8x 0.0.5 released
@ 2017-10-31 20:35 Gary Benson
From: Gary Benson @ 2017-10-31 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: infinity

            libi8x 0.0.5 released!

Release 0.0.5 of libi8x, the Infinity Runtime Library, is now
available.  You can download the source from infinitynotes.org:

  https://infinitynotes.org/src/libi8x/libi8x-0.0.5.tar.xz
  (md5sum e9ac85a90fe9b878b0390bd7b1fdd899)

You can build from source using the usual ./configure, make
process, or, on rpm-based systems you *may* be able to build
rpms straight from the tarball:

  rpmbuild -ta libi8x-0.0.5.tar.xz

(Let me know if there's a Debian/Ubuntu equivalent, I'll add it!)

libi8x 0.0.5 brings new features and improvements, including:

* The shared library libi8x.so is now versioned, and a number of
  symbols have been made internal in preparation for a 1.0 release.
  The soname has been changed from libi8x.so.0 to libi8x.so.1 to
  reflect this.

* libi8x now has Python bindings, and tests may now be written using
  Python or C.

* The debug interpreter defaults to on if log level >= LOG_DEBUG when
  the execution context is created, so it's no longer necessary to set
  I8X_DEBUG to see trace messages.

* The I8X_DEBUG environment variable has been renamed as I8X_DBG_MEM
  to reflect the fact that it now has a single purpose (enabling the
  debug allocator).

* libi8x now supports local functions.  These are native functions
  registered with a zero-length provider; they may be accessed by
  reference but not by name.  Essentially they are anonymous functions
  with optional names.

For a complete list and more details on each item, please see the
NEWS file.

Please note that the Python bindings have a separate release schedule
from libi8x.  They're shipped in the main libi8x tarball (to run the
testsuite) but regular users should use the versioned releases from
https://infinitynotes.org/src/libi8x-python or PyPI.

--
https://infinitynotes.org/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-10-31 20:35 UTC | newest]