public inbox for infinity@sourceware.org
From: Gary Benson <gbenson@redhat.com>
To: infinity@sourceware.org
Subject: I8C 0.0.6 released
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2017 13:57:00 -0000	[thread overview]

            I8C 0.0.6 released!

Release 0.0.6 of I8C, the Infinity Note Compiler, is now available.
This includes I8X, an interpreter for unit testing compiled notes.

You can install I8C and I8X directly using pip:

  pip install -U --user i8c  # installs in your home directory
  sudo pip install -U i8c    # installs as root

The source is available from infinitynotes.org:

  https://infinitynotes.org/src/i8c/i8c-0.0.6.tar.xz
  (md5sum ad321c0cf08f49d54b19113692877796)

There is a web page for I8C at:

  https://infinitynotes.org/wiki/I8C

That page includes information about the Infinity mailing list,
details on how to access I8C's source repository, and information
about the Infinity system in general.

I8C 0.0.6 brings new features and improvements, including:

* I8X will now use libi8x to execute Infinity functions if libi8x and
  its Python bindings are installed.  The original Python interpreter
  has been retained as a fallback but will be removed in a future I8C
  release.

* I8X now correctly determines names for referenced symbols in many
  more configurations, and now fails gracefully when names cannot be
  determined.

* Infinity functions provided by testcases are now identified using
  the @TestCase.provide decorator.  The function TestCase.implement
  has been removed.

* The interpreter context is no longer accessible as TestCase.i8ctx.
  Infinity functions should now be executed using TestCase.call.

* TestCase.warn_caller is now called with two arguments, the first
  being the signature of the Infinity function emitting the warning
  and the second being the warning message as before.

For a complete list and more details on each item, please see the
NEWS.rst file.

--
https://infinitynotes.org/