public inbox for insight-prs@sourceware.org
* insight/185: Breaks at wrong functions up the stack
@ 2002-11-05 19:23 salankar
From: salankar @ 2002-11-05 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight-gnats

>Number:         185
>Category:       insight
>Synopsis:       Breaks at wrong functions up the stack
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Nov 05 19:23:00 PST 2002
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Sunil Alankar
>Release:        Insight-5.2.1
In the following test source,
1. Set a break point at function f1() (or at line 5)
2. run the program
3. When stopped at the breakpoint, issue 'finish'
4. issue 'continue' ; now stops at f1()
5. issue continue again. now stops at f2(). This is wrong
   It must only stop at f1() as that is the only breakpoint

This error does not happen with bare gdb of the same version.

#include <stdio.h>

void f1()
{
        printf ("f1\n");
}

void f2()
{
        printf ("f2\n");
        f1();
}

int main()
{

 for (int i = 0; i < 20; i++)
 {

        f2();

>How-To-Repeat:
Compile the test file t.cpp
g++ -g t.cpp
gdb a.out

Follow the above steps
>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:
----gnatsweb-attachment----

I2luY2x1ZGUgPHN0ZGlvLmg+Cgp2b2lkIGYxKCkKewoJcHJpbnRmICgiZjFcbiIpOwp9Cgp2b2lk
IGYyKCkKewoJcHJpbnRmICgiZjJcbiIpOwoJZjEoKTsKfQoKCmludCBtYWluKCkKewoKIGZvciAo
aW50IGkgPSAwOyBpIDwgMjA7IGkrKykKIHsKCQoJZjIoKTsKIH0KCn0KCg==

* Re: insight/185: Breaks at wrong functions up the stack
@ 2002-11-19 20:09 kseitz
From: kseitz @ 2002-11-19 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight-prs, keiths, salankar

Synopsis: Breaks at wrong functions up the stack

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
State-Changed-By: kseitz
State-Changed-When: Tue Nov 19 20:09:12 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    Fixed

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=insight&pr=185

* RE: insight/185: Breaks at wrong functions up the stack
@ 2002-11-06 10:13 Sunil Alankar
From: Sunil Alankar @ 2002-11-06 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: keiths; +Cc: insight-prs

The following reply was made to PR insight/185; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Sunil Alankar" <sunil.alankar@coware.com>
To: <kseitz@sources.redhat.com>, <insight-prs@sources.redhat.com>,
   <keiths@redhat.com>, <nobody@sources.redhat.com>, <salankar@coware.com>,
   <insight-gnats@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: RE: insight/185: Breaks at wrong functions up the stack
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 10:05:39 -0800

 Thank you very much. I really appreciate your quick response.

 Regards

 Sunil