public inbox for insight-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: insight/196: Problem with make gdb-5-1 : missing src/libtermcap
@ 2002-12-09 16:52 kseitz
From: kseitz @ 2002-12-09 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight-prs, kseitz, michel.leconte, nobody

Synopsis: Problem with make gdb-5-1 : missing src/libtermcap

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->kseitz
Responsible-Changed-By: kseitz
Responsible-Changed-When: Mon Dec  9 16:51:58 2002
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    Mine. (Duh? Who else is there?)
State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: kseitz
State-Changed-When: Mon Dec  9 16:51:58 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    Do you not have the src/libtermcap directory? Why use 5.1? IMO, you don't want to use this at all. You're best bet is to follow the directions off the website which will build you CVS head version of Insight using the 5.2 versions of tcl, tk, etc. This would probably be you're best route. Or just use 5.2. Although be advised, Win98 is known to be a bit flaky for cygwin (not really cygwin's fault -- Win98 is flaky!)

    In any case, please be aware that there is only one person who is really doing any work on insight (although I get one or two contributions from original developers occasionally). As such, no one should expect to get support from me. I run this bug database and the mailing list out of the stubbornness of my being. Insight is now essentially a one-man, unfunded, volunteer opensource project. Although almost all of the contributions come from redhat.com addresses, NO ONE has worked on insight and been paid for it very well over a year.

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=insight&pr=196

* insight/196: Problem with make gdb-5-1 : missing src/libtermcap
@ 2002-12-09 15:53 michel.leconte
From: michel.leconte @ 2002-12-09 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight-gnats

>Number:         196
>Category:       insight
>Synopsis:       Problem with make gdb-5-1 : missing src/libtermcap
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Mon Dec 09 15:53:00 PST 2002
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     michel.leconte@cario.fr
>Release:        5-1.0
I would like to build a stable insight in a cygwin platform.
For this, I follow the recommendations given in the
html file located in : http://sources.redhat.com/insight/cygwin.htm

After a "configure", I do a "make" and it fails
after a long time. This failure seems to be relative
to the missing of the directory : src/libtermcap

The error's message is the following :

Configuring in libtermcap
/cygdrive/c/Programs/Cygwin/src/libtermcap/configure: Can't open /cygdrive/c/Programs/Cygwin/src/libtermcap/configure: No such file or directory
make: *** [libtermcap/Makefile] Error 1

I need insight very quickly to end-up a project..

Thank you very much for any help

>How-To-Repeat:
after following the instructions in http://sources.redhat.com/insight/cygwin.htm
do a "configure" and a "make"..