public inbox for insight-prs@sourceware.org
* insight/251: GDB could not evaluate that expression
@ 2004-03-30  9:33 jon
From: jon @ 2004-03-30  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight-gnats

>Number:         251
>Category:       insight
>Synopsis:       GDB could not evaluate that expression
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Mar 30 09:33:00 UTC 2004
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     jon@beniston.com
>Release:        6.0
Add an integer variable to the watch window.
Double click the value to edit it.
Enter an number outside of the range for the integer.
Insight reports: "GDB could not evaulate that expression."
Then try to enter a legal value.
Insight still reports: "GDB could not evaulate that expression" which seems like a bug.
The only way you can get rid of this error is by closing the watch window.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

* Re: insight/251: GDB could not evaluate that expression
@ 2005-09-01  5:16 kseitz
From: kseitz @ 2005-09-01  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight-prs, jon, kseitz, nobody

Synopsis: GDB could not evaluate that expression

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->kseitz
Responsible-Changed-By: kseitz
Responsible-Changed-When: Thu Sep  1 05:16:02 2005
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    mine
State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: kseitz
State-Changed-When: Thu Sep  1 05:16:02 2005
State-Changed-Why:
    I cannot reproduce this with CVS HEAD on linux. While it does report "gdb cannot evaluate this expression", subsequent assignments of legal values does work.

    Can you verify whether this is still a problem?

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=insight&pr=251