public inbox for insight-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: insight/259: View/Registers leads to internal error
@ 2005-01-26 22:53 E. Weddington
From: E. Weddington @ 2005-01-26 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kseitz; +Cc: insight-prs

The following reply was made to PR insight/259; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "E. Weddington" <ericw@evcohs.com>
To: insight-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: insight/259: View/Registers leads to internal error
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:50:01 -0700

 Revsion 1.25 of the file, gdb/gdbtk/generic/gdbtk-register.c, does
 indeed fix the problem for the AVR.

 Thanks
 Eric

* Re: insight/259: View/Registers leads to internal error
@ 2005-01-25 19:23 E. Weddington
From: E. Weddington @ 2005-01-25 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kseitz; +Cc: insight-prs

The following reply was made to PR insight/259; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "E. Weddington" <ericw@evcohs.com>
To: insight-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:15:45 -0700

 This problem is also exhibted on the AVR port of Insight (avr-insight)
 6.1. I will attempt the workaround to see if it also solves the problem
 for the AVR port.

 Eric Weddington

* Re: insight/259: View/Registers leads to internal error
@ 2004-07-27 18:43 Bernhard Walle
From: Bernhard Walle @ 2004-07-27 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kseitz; +Cc: insight-prs

The following reply was made to PR insight/259; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bernhard Walle <Bernhard.Walle@gmx.de>
To: insight-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:40:40 +0200

 I had the same problem with a own target (MVME-162 `68k-bug' for m68k
 CPU), very similar to cpu32bug. Your described solution solved the
 problem.

* Re: insight/259: View/Registers leads to internal error
@ 2004-07-07 15:21 kseitz
From: kseitz @ 2004-07-07 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight-prs, kseitz, lars.friedrich, nobody

Synopsis: View/Registers leads to internal error

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->kseitz
Responsible-Changed-By: kseitz
Responsible-Changed-When: Wed Jul  7 15:21:49 2004
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    mine
State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: kseitz
State-Changed-When: Wed Jul  7 15:21:49 2004
State-Changed-Why:
    Gdb deprecated several interfaces between 6.0 and 6.1. Try grabbing a copy of src/gdb/gdbtk/generic/gdbtk-register.c from HEAD and sticking it into your build.

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=insight&pr=259

* insight/259: View/Registers leads to internal error
@ 2004-07-07  8:03 lars.friedrich
From: lars.friedrich @ 2004-07-07  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight-gnats

>Number:         259
>Category:       insight
>Synopsis:       View/Registers leads to internal error
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Jul 07 08:03:00 UTC 2004
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     lars.friedrich@wago.com
>Release:        insight-6.1
Selecting View/Registers while debugging any target application will always pop-up an error window:
gdbarch.c: 3906: internal-error: gdbarch_deprecated_register_convertible: Assertion 'gdbarch->deprectated_ (the rest of line cut off)
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.

This problem did not exist with insight-6.0 (or 5.3)
>How-To-Repeat:
Start (arm-elf-)insight
View-Registers
Run-Connect to Target: Target: Simulator OK

It's not necessary to actually load an application to trigger the bug.
Opening the registers window prior the attempt to connect will not trigger the bug but will the moment, the connection attempt is made.