public inbox for insight-prs@sourceware.org
* insight/268: Memory dump windows crashes when resizing with mouse.
@ 2005-06-14  5:23 tony
From: tony @ 2005-06-14  5:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight-gnats

>Number:         268
>Category:       insight
>Synopsis:       Memory dump windows crashes when resizing with mouse.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Jun 14 05:23:04 UTC 2005
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Tony Thedford
>Release:        InSight GNU gdb 6.1
InSight crashes and immediately terminates when resizing the memory dump window by dragging a window corner with the mouse. BUT, this only happens when 'Number of Bytes' selection in the Memory Preferences section is set to 'Depends on window size'. If, instead, the 'Number of bytes' is set to 'Fixed xx bytes', then resizing the window by dragging one of the window corners will work ok (no crashes).
>How-To-Repeat:
See instructions in the description section above.
>Fix:
Do not use the default setting. Change 'Number of Bytes' to 'Fixed xx bytes'.
>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

* Re: insight/268: Memory dump windows crashes when resizing with mouse.
@ 2005-09-01  3:32 kseitz
From: kseitz @ 2005-09-01  3:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight-prs, kseitz, nobody, tony

Synopsis: Memory dump windows crashes when resizing with mouse.

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->kseitz
Responsible-Changed-By: kseitz
Responsible-Changed-When: Thu Sep  1 03:32:10 2005
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    mine
State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: kseitz
State-Changed-When: Thu Sep  1 03:32:10 2005
State-Changed-Why:
    I cannot reproduce this with CVS head, so I assume it is something with the 6.1 version. If you require a fix, your best bet is to try replacing src/gdb/gdbtk/library/memwin.it* with version from CVS HEAD. You could also try checking for any patches to src/libgui/generic/tkTable*.

    Better yet, don't use 6.1 and use CVS HEAD/snapshot. :-)

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=insight&pr=268