public inbox for insight-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: insight/269: Addresses in memory window reset to default when format is changed
@ 2005-09-01  3:16 kseitz
From: kseitz @ 2005-09-01  3:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dieter_ruppert, insight-prs, kseitz, nobody

Synopsis: Addresses in memory window reset to default when format is changed

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->kseitz
Responsible-Changed-By: kseitz
Responsible-Changed-When: Thu Sep  1 03:16:41 2005
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    mine
State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: kseitz
State-Changed-When: Thu Sep  1 03:16:41 2005
State-Changed-Why:
    I've committed this patch. Thanks!

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=insight&pr=269

* insight/269: Addresses in memory window reset to default when format is changed
@ 2005-07-14  8:33 dieter_ruppert
From: dieter_ruppert @ 2005-07-14  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight-gnats

>Number:         269
>Category:       insight
>Synopsis:       Addresses in memory window reset to default when format is changed
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Jul 14 08:33:00 UTC 2005
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Insight-6.1
>Release:        6.1
we noticed a small bug in Insight's memory window: when the
display format is changed, (from "Word" to "Byte", for example), the address displayed resets back to the default (which is usually the start of the .data section).

I looked at the code in memwin.itb, and the reason seems obvious: the member variable MemWin::addr_exp is never updated (after being initialized to .data). MemWin::reconfig, which is called after a format change, uses this value, and therefore resets the address to the default.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
A simple one-line change fixes this; I include a small patch below.
BTW: this was Insight from gdb-6.1, but memwin.itb apparently hasn't changed since then.

*** memwin.itb          Wed Jul  6 11:04:41 2005
--- memwin.itb.new      Wed Jul  6 11:06:34 2005
*** 512,517 ****
--- 512,519 ----
      incr index -1
      set current_addr [string range $current_addr 0 $index]
    }
+
+   set MemWin::addr_exp $addr_exp

    # set table background
    $itk_component(table) config -bg $::Colors(textbg) -state normal