public inbox for insight-prs@sourceware.org
* insight/273: bad behaviour od STEP, NEXT buttons, empty for() loop crashes
@ 2005-09-21 13:23 vaclav.peroutka
From: vaclav.peroutka @ 2005-09-21 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight-gnats; +Cc: vaclavpe, peter.cabaj

>Number:         273
>Category:       insight
>Synopsis:       bad behaviour od STEP, NEXT buttons, empty for() loop crashes
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Sep 21 13:23:01 UTC 2005
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     vaclav peroutka
>Release:        insight/gdb 6.0
When running delay loop with empty for() cycle:
    for (i=0; i<0x3ffff; i++);
STEP or NEXT button will freeze the communication with the board through wiggler.

If I use following loop:
    i = 0;
    while (i < 0xfffff) {
      i++;
    }
or put something in brackets in for() loop it works ok. But STEP button has the same behaviour as NEXT button. It should "skip" the loop, shouldn't it?

If I am inside the loop pressing the FINISH button runs program without finishing just the loop. But it continues further.
>How-To-Repeat:
1. connect Wiggler to parallel port and the target board
2. run ocdremote.exe
3. run arm-elf-insight
4. open the elf program with for() loop
5. connect to Remote/TCP localhost:8888
6. download the program
7. set breakpoint in front of for() loop
8. run
9. step
10. now it is not possible to stop it

similarly it is possible to test behaviour of STEP/NEXT/FINISH buttons

I don't attach C source code because it is processor dependant. But anybody can use the simplest flash LED code.
>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-09-21 13:23 UTC | newest]